Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hello internet!

It's been a while since I've had a blog, and I admit that I'm not the most diligent blogger. But I enjoy reading other people's sewing blogs and I wanted a place to talk about my own sewing shenanigans. I could waffle on about myself or what my plans for this blog are but I'm not overly keen on the sound of my own voice so I'll start as I mean to go on and talk about sewing.

I wanted a new dress for Christmas day. A dress that's a bit different to what I'd normally wear. A party dress. I made Colette's Crepe, using the sweetheart neckline and the contrast waist tie. I admit it isn't the most flattering shape on me, but I still love this dress all the same.


(Contrary to what the photo suggests I'm not severely jaundiced... since getting a puppy it's become increasingly difficult to find places to take photos where she won't crash tackle the tripod and eat the camera. I'm restricted to places she isn't allowed, and those places all have bad light)

Being a gal who is short of stature and torso, I made my usual dress modifications and shortened the bodice and the skirt. The only other main change I made from the pattern was to put flat piping around the neckline and armholes because grey isn't the best colour next to my skin. This wasn't the most thought-out decision ever- I was too busy thinking about how nice it would look to think about how annoying it would be to do, but I got there and I do love how it looks.


The fabric is a cotton lawn (I think) from Spotlight, and the contrast is quilting cotton from Spotlight. It is a bit stiff for the bow, but the colour was a higher priority because really, who can tie their own sash neatly anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment