Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grownup Sorbetto

Like a lot of people I'm a big fan of Colette's Sorbetto top. I find it comfy and versatile- I can wear it tucked into a skirt or hanging out of jeans for a more casual look. It's also a good pattern for playing around with to change the look. I've made a couple of different Sorbettos now, and will be making more. I'd been planning to learn to sew clothes for a long time before I actually learnt. One day in Spotlight I was seduced by the pretties and bought 1m each of a few different fabrics for tops. Because surely a top doesn't use much fabric, right? Um. Thankfully, I can eke a Sorbetto out of 1m if I piece the back. My first two Sorbettos weren't exactly what I call grown-up clothes. So I decided to use a lovely flowery Japanese lawn to make a grownup Sorbetto.


I've been playing around with the Sew Weekly Sorbetto sleeves, changing the shape a bit to try and get the perfect sleeves for me. I think these ones are pretty close. I love them on this particular version, anyway. I was aiming for flutter sleeves until I realised that cap sleeves are more 'me'. I put the bias facing on the inside of the neckline to keep things looking simple.


I'm so in love with it I'm a little bit tempted to make a second one for when this one dies because I wear it all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. My first sorbetto is scheduled for this week along with 3 pairs of shorts. Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete